Intelligence Analyst (Summer Intern)
- Based in New York City;
- Paid Internship for $20/hour;
- Can be part time or full time – flexible starting date;
What You'll Do: As an Intelligence Analyst Intern with Baretz+Brunelle, you will be responsible for investigating senior executives who are being considered for new positions – in short, you will help protect our clients from making risky hires.
The core of the role involves three essential tasks:
- Source Research: Gather secondary source market data, identify primary sources, and compile background information for each project;
- Primary Source Interviews: Conduct telephone interviews using our script guide and techniques;
- Client reporting: Write client reports to share the relevant intelligence;
You will be a part of a collaborative team environment, where you will be provided with training and guidance to help our clients make better decisions, avoid financial losses and prevent reputational harm. Unlike basic screening services, we combine quantitative data with human intelligence to accurately assess candidates’ business, skills, work style and character. Armed with this information, our clients grow safely and more efficiently, with success rates that surpass the industry average.
Who You Are:
- Professional and diligent;
- Methodical with a high attention to detail;
- Comfortable working both independently and in a team;
- Skilled in written and oral communication;
- Confident on the telephone;
- Curious and adept at research and analyzing data;
- Flexible in day-to-day tasks;
Although our work focuses on the legal and professional services industry, no legal background is necessary. Character and curiosity are far more important than a knowledge of a particular industry sector.
What You Bring (Experience and Qualifications):
- On track for graduation by 2025 or prior intelligence collection or analysis experience;
- Experience conducting research and interviewing sources is a plus;
- Knowledge of the legal industry is a plus, but not required;
How to Apply: Submit a cover letter and a copy of your résumé to Howard Rosenberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.